[undertow-dev] Access JBoss MSC service from ServletExtension

Harris, Carl ceharris at vt.edu
Fri Jan 23 12:54:55 EST 2015

On Jan 23, 2015, at 12:17 PM, Tomaž Cerar <tomaz.cerar at gmail.com<mailto:tomaz.cerar at gmail.com>> wrote:
Other option would be to write proper WildFly extension which is bit more work.
take a look at https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WFLY8/Extending+WildFly+8
for how to do that.

Perhaps I wasn’t clear in my original message.  I have written a proper Wildfly extension.  It uses a DeploymentProcessor to observe deployments and participates and in the management model to create/configure the services needed for the authentication and authorization mechanisms I wish to support.

I am using an Undertow ServletExtension so that I can augment the authentication mechanisms supported by Undertow with my own mechanism.

What I’m unclear on how to accomplish is how to get a reference to the services I have created in my Wildfly extension from within the implementation of my Undertow authentication mechanism and associated identity manager.

Thanks for any tips/advice.

—
Carl Harris
Chief Technology Architect