[undertow-dev] Undertow doesn't write cookie to response

John Sipher jasipher at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 14:06:26 EDT 2015

Copy/pasted from
https://developer.jboss.org/message/932789?et=watches.email.thread#932789.
Any help would be appreciated...

I'm trying to migrate an application from JBoss 7,.2.0.Final to WildFly
8.2.0.Final, and I find that some cookies are not written to the servlet
response. I've tracked it down to
io.undertow.servlet.spec.HttpServletResponseImpl.addCookie().

   1.     @Override
   2.     public void addCookie(final Cookie cookie) {
   3.         if (insideInclude) {
   4.             return;
   5.         }
   6.         final ServletCookieAdaptor servletCookieAdaptor = new
    ServletCookieAdaptor(cookie);
   7.         if (cookie.getVersion() == 0) {
   8.
               servletCookieAdaptor.setVersion(servletContext.getDeployment().getDeploymentInfo().getDefaultCookieVersion());
   9.         }
   10.         exchange.setResponseCookie(servletCookieAdaptor);
   11.     }

Apparently the insideCookie flag has been set to true at the point we're
calling HttpServletResponse.addCookie(), so WildFly/Undertow just quietly
throws it away and leaves me scratching my head trying to figure out what
went wrong.

When I search back up the call stack I see that our servlet is including a
JSP page in its response like this

   1.
                   RequestDispatcher dispatcher =
getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher(page);
   2.
                   dispatcher.include(state.getRequest(),
state.getResponse());

So, it makes sense that insideInclude is true, since the code that's trying
to set the cookie is being called from inside RequestDispatcher.include(),
but I don't understand why WildFly/Undertow just arbitrarily throws it away.
- See more at:
https://developer.jboss.org/message/932789?et=watches.email.thread#932789