[undertow-dev] Compile error on clean checkout

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon May 11 16:45:37 EDT 2015

Undertow,

I was trying to do a fresh pull and build of Undertow. I've tried on
both the master branch and on the 1.2.x series. Both of them fail the
compile goal with different errors. From master I get

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.1:compile
(default-compile) on project undertow-servlet: Compilation failure
[ERROR] /home/greg/build/undertow/servlet/src/main/java/io/undertow/servlet/spec/ServletPrintWriterDelegate.java:[28,99]
incompatible types: java.lang.reflect.Constructor<capture#1 of ?>
cannot be converted to
java.lang.reflect.Constructor<io.undertow.servlet.spec.ServletPrintWriterDelegate>

>From 1.2.x I get this error:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project undertow-servlet: Could not
resolve dependencies for project
io.undertow:undertow-servlet:jar:1.2.6.Final-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find
io.undertow:undertow-core:jar:tests:1.2.6.Final-SNAPSHOT in
http://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/ was cached in
the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the
update interval of jboss-public-repository-group has elapsed or
updates are forced -> [Help 1]

I'm building this on Fedora 21 with Java 1.8.0_31 OpenJDK and Maven
3.2.2, both from the Fedora yum repositories. I get very similar
errors trying to build on Windows 8.1 with Java 8 and Mavent 3.2.5. I
can't help but imagine there is some environmental setup step that I'm
missing. Is there any pointer to documentation around getting a
development environment configured that I'm missing?

Thanks!

--Greg