[undertow-dev] Server-Sent Event and HttpServerExchange

Cédric Tran-Xuan cedric.tranxuan at motwin.com
Fri May 22 04:52:36 EDT 2015

Hello,
We are looking at the recent support of Server-Sent Events in Undertow,
which looks great!

We are using the HttpServerExchange to pass data through different handlers
(we do it by passing these data via setting Attachments to the
HttpServerExchange). Ultimately, we need these data, to determine what to
push to the client via SSE. And as we don't have access to the
HttpServerExchange from the ServerSentEventConnection, we are a bit stuck.

We imagine we can code some « hack » to do so, but first, we were wondering
if ever the dev team had some insights that could help us to implement the
best solution that fits the « Undertow spirit » and our need.

Thanks in advance for your answer.
Best regards,

Cédric.

PS: may be passing data via Attachments of HttpServerExchange is not the
best practice?