[undertow-dev] Proxy Protocol/Layer-4 load balancing/AWS ELB

Christopher Smith cbsmith at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 11:36:12 EST 2015

I think ELB constitutes pretty wide usage. ;-)

People do tend to use the layer-7 load balancing, but given undertow's
extensive support for http/2 & spdy, the advantages of using layer-4 load
balancing are significant. I agree it is a very straightforward
implementation. You mostly just parse one line before handing off the logic
to some other handler. I'm not familiar with undertow's code base, but I'd
be happy to work with someone on it.

--Chris

--
Chris