[undertow-dev] Some help on Reverse Proxy Server

Devl Devel devl.development at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 10:59:55 EDT 2015

Hi Stuart

Thanks for this. I tried the example with a proxy server that has a valid
ssl context, byte buffer slice pool, undertow xnio ssl with worker, and
load balancing proxy client as per your example. Using 1.2.12.Final

On the receiving webserver (which works fine with other https: and other
SSL requests) I have enabled SSLCLientMode.Required and other settings
similar to DefaultServer.  This works when I go direct to the webserver in
the browser - I can use it normally but when I use the proxy and issue a
https request I get:

ERROR proxy - UT005028: Proxy request to / failed

java.io.IOException: overflow

               at
io.undertow.protocols.ssl.SslConduit.doWrap(SslConduit.java:801)

               at
io.undertow.protocols.ssl.SslConduit.write(SslConduit.java:336)

               at
io.undertow.client.http.HttpRequestConduit.processWrite(HttpRequestConduit.java:321)

               at
io.undertow.client.http.HttpRequestConduit.flush(HttpRequestConduit.java:573)

               at
io.undertow.conduits.AbstractFixedLengthStreamSinkConduit.flush(AbstractFixedLengthStreamSinkConduit.java:229)

               at
org.xnio.conduits.ConduitStreamSinkChannel.flush(ConduitStreamSinkChannel.java:162)

               at
io.undertow.client.http.HttpClientConnection.initiateRequest(HttpClientConnection.java:299)

               at
io.undertow.client.http.HttpClientConnection.sendRequest(HttpClientConnection.java:228)

               at
io.undertow.server.handlers.proxy.ProxyHandler$ProxyAction.run(ProxyHandler.java:502)

               at
io.undertow.util.SameThreadExecutor.execute(SameThreadExecutor.java:35)

               at
io.undertow.server.HttpServerExchange.dispatch(HttpServerExchange.java:759)

               at
io.undertow.server.handlers.proxy.ProxyHandler$ProxyClientHandler.completed(ProxyHandler.java:269)

               at
io.undertow.server.handlers.proxy.ProxyHandler$ProxyClientHandler.completed(ProxyHandler.java:245)

               at
io.undertow.server.handlers.proxy.ProxyConnectionPool.connectionReady(ProxyConnectionPool.java:292)

               at
io.undertow.server.handlers.proxy.ProxyConnectionPool.access$800(ProxyConnectionPool.java:54)

               at
io.undertow.server.handlers.proxy.ProxyConnectionPool$1.completed(ProxyConnectionPool.java:245)

               at
io.undertow.server.handlers.proxy.ProxyConnectionPool$1.completed(ProxyConnectionPool.java:233)

               at
io.undertow.client.http.HttpClientProvider.handleConnected(HttpClientProvider.java:163)

               at
io.undertow.client.http.HttpClientProvider.access$000(HttpClientProvider.java:50)

               at
io.undertow.client.http.HttpClientProvider$2.handleEvent(HttpClientProvider.java:126)

               at
io.undertow.client.http.HttpClientProvider$2.handleEvent(HttpClientProvider.java:123)

               at
org.xnio.ChannelListeners.invokeChannelListener(ChannelListeners.java:92)

               at
io.undertow.protocols.ssl.UndertowXnioSsl$StreamConnectionChannelListener.handleEvent(UndertowXnioSsl.java:312)

               at
io.undertow.protocols.ssl.UndertowXnioSsl$StreamConnectionChannelListener.handleEvent(UndertowXnioSsl.java:294)

               at
org.xnio.ChannelListeners.invokeChannelListener(ChannelListeners.java:92)

               at
org.xnio.nio.WorkerThread$ConnectHandle.handleReady(WorkerThread.java:324)

               at org.xnio.nio.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:539)

Will the proxy forward the browser cert to the webserver or is there some
other cause? I cannot share any code but any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks

Devl