[undertow-dev] Frontent Load Balancer with Mod-Cluster using a virtual IP address

ralf_boogie_blues at bluewin.ch ralf_boogie_blues at bluewin.ch
Wed Sep 16 08:57:33 EDT 2015

Hi
I trying to replace your Apache Httpd with mod_cluster load balancer with Undertow frontend modcluster as part of Wildfly 9.0.1.
It works fine when I define a 'real' IP address defined in /etc/hosts:
  127.0.0.1     localhost
  10.22.62.40  mdzhrnesir01.standard.six-group.net mdzhrnesir01
But this IP address 10.22.62.117 is not taken by untertow:
  ip addr
  .
  8: bond0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,MASTER,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state UP
    link/ether 00:17:a4:77:f0:b6 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet 10.22.62.40/24 brd 10.22.62.255 scope global bond0
    inet 10.22.62.117/24 scope global secondary bond0
I also faced to problem, that running the example presented by Stuart Douglas  doesn't work inside a docker container. Even I execute step by step.
Without digging into the source code, what are the criteria under which Undertow frontend modcluster accepts IP address(es)?
Do you also have a proposal for configuring Undertow modcluster to listen to two interfaces? Say an internal IP address and an virtual external IP address?
I think with Apache, we defined 0.0.0.0 and then Apache with mod_cluster was listening on all interfaces, if I remember correctly.
Thanks a lot in advance
Ralf