[undertow-dev] HTTP/2 initial exception

Stuart Douglas sdouglas at redhat.com
Sun Aug 7 19:31:48 EDT 2016

That exception is logged at debug level, and basically happens when an
SSL connection is not closed cleanly. It can be safely ignored (in
general anything under io.undertow.request.io can be ignored, as it
basically means some kind of connection issue (such as the user
closing the browser window) that you can likely do nothing about).

In this case it is probably because if you use a self signed
certificate on the first connection the browser will abort the
connection, and display a warning/error page about the self signed
cert. Once you add the exception it should not happen again.

Stuart