[undertow-dev] SSL Documentation

Michael Grove mike at stardog.com
Fri Dec 9 13:49:04 EST 2016

Prematurely hit send!

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 1:43 PM, Michael Grove <mike at stardog.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 1:11 PM, Hicks, Matt <matt at matthicks.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Michael, thanks for the response.  What version of Undertow are you
>> using?
>>

> I'm using 1.3.20, so I'm a bit behind.
>

>> Are you overriding the SSL certificate storage or using the example's?
>>

> I'm just creating the SSLContext that's passed to the builder via
> addHttpsListener directly from the standard JVM properties, eg
> javax.net.ssl.keyStore

This is the basic code for that:

public static SSLContext createSSLContext(final Options theOptions) throws
SSLException {
return SSLContextFactory.createSSLContext(theOptions.get(ServerOptions.
KEY_STORE_TYPE),
theOptions.get(ServerOptions.KEY_STORE),
theOptions.get(ServerOptions.KEY_STORE_PASSWD),
theOptions.get(ServerOptions.TRUST_STORE_TYPE),
theOptions.get(ServerOptions.TRUST_STORE),
theOptions.get(ServerOptions.TRUST_STORE_PASSWD));
}

I tweak the XNIO properties for SSL in the event the user needs client auth:

aBuilder.setWorkerOption(org.xnio.Options.SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_MODE,
SslClientAuthMode.REQUIRED);

At that point, it works nicely.

>> Would you mind terribly trying the exact code snippet and see if it works
>> for you?  This is very confusing if it's a problem on my end...especially
>> since HTTP works fine.

I can try to run it over the weekend, I'm a bit swamped with day to day
stuff atm.

Cheers,

Mike