[undertow-dev] Issue with Undertow Client and SSL

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Wed Jun 1 12:13:25 EDT 2016

Hi,

Openshift Origin uses Hawkular Metrics to store node and container data. In
this scenario, Hawkular Metrics calls the Kubernetes master server over
HTTPS to validate the client identity. This is implemented with Undertow
Client, as part of a ServletExtension (inside Wildfly 10) [1]. Works fine
in development and testing.

Now the Openshit team sees errors in the logs [2][3]. I couldn't reproduce
yet. Errors come in pair, first the "UT005001: An exception occurred
processing the request: java.lang.IllegalStateException: XNIO000017: Buffer
was already freed", and just after "XNIO001007: A channel event listener
threw an exception: java.lang.NullPointerException".

Does that ring a bell? I haven't been able to find a starting point  by
looking into the source the code.

Thanks

--
Thomas Segismont