[undertow-dev] Is there a hook for before sending data to the client?

Bill O'Neil bill at dartalley.com
Sat Nov 19 16:24:30 EST 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to make a handler that manages a request scoped sql transaction.
Ideally it would be a middleware handler that opens the connection and
starts the transaction and after the chain of handlers is finished it will
commit the transaction. The issue I am facing is the browser can receive
the data before the transaction is committed since the data is sent further
down the chain.

Is there some type of hook where I can commit / close the transaction
before any data is sent? This should work fine in a blocking handler but an
asynchronous one may have issues?

My other thought is to make a Handler that expects some object to be
returned. In this handler commit / close the connection as soon as the
object is returned then send the data to the browser after. Would this be
my best option?

Thanks,
Bill