[undertow-dev] Cannot Add the alpn-boot jar to WildFly's Boot Classpath

Hanan Othman hothman at webalo.com
Thu Apr 20 09:58:20 EDT 2017

Hello undertow-dev,

I'm trying to use WildFly to send a push notification to iOS devices, which
requires the use of HTTP/2. Using OkHttp (http://square.github.io/okhttp/),
I was able to send a request successfully in an external java project using
the JVM option: -Xbootclasspath/p:<path-to-alpn-boot-jar>.

After checking the documentation here: http://undertow.io/blog/
2015/03/26/HTTP2-In-Wildfly.html, I was unable to do the same in WildFly.
When I run the server I get:

okhttp3.OkHttpClient  -- ALPN callback dropped: SPDY and HTTP/2 are
disabled. Is alpn-boot on the boot class path?

which leads me to think that it is not actually on the classpath. I have
the same configuration as that in the blog post, except having Wildfly
10.0.1.Final instead of Wildfly 9.0.0.Beta1. I have the correct alpn-boot
jar version since it already works outside of WildFly, but I do not know
what else I could be missing. Thank you very much for your time.

Best,
Hanan