[undertow-dev] Undertow jboss logging redirect to logback log file and console

Kim Rasmussen kr at asseco.dk
Tue Feb 7 13:48:05 EST 2017

Hi,

I have had success with adding the system property:

-Dorg.jboss.logging.provider=slf4j

A random search for this on the net revelated this page which does a good
job of explaining various ways of getting it working with WildFly - I
myself use Undertow embedded, so the system property is enough for me.

/Kim

> Hi Steve,
>
> I've found myself on the same situation couple of years ago and to solve
> my problem I've configured the LoggerProvider to point to
> Slf4JLoggerProvider. Basically, this can be reproduced by declaring a
> META-INF/services/org.jboss.logging.LoggerProvider file with
> org.jboss.logging.Slf4jLoggerProvider as a value.
>
> I hope it helps.
>
> Cheers!
>

> On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 9:09 PM Steve Hu <stevehu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Undertow is using jboss logger to log errors and my application is using
>> slf4j/logback with logback.xml config file in the classpath with Undertow
>> core http server embedded. I handles most exceptions in my own handlers but
>> sometimes uncaught exceptions reaches Connectors class - executeRootHandler
>> method which logs the error and return 500 response code.
>>
>> My first question: Is there a way to redirect the logs from Undertow to
>> logback logs and controlled by logback.xml? I've found some discussions
>> about replacing logger in WildFly but I am using embedded Undertow core
>> only.
>>
>> Second question: When Connectors.executeRootHandler will be called? Is it
>> called when you have the following line in your handler?
>>
>> if (exchange.isInIoThread()) {
>>      exchange.dispatch(this);
>>      return;
>>
>> }
>>
>> Is there any way we can by pass this so that I can handle uncaught
>> exceptions in my ExceptionHandler in the handler chain?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Steve

> Miere Teixeira

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards