[undertow-dev] Notifications from proxy

jim-undertow at spudsoft.co.uk jim-undertow at spudsoft.co.uk
Fri Mar 17 16:52:18 EDT 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to use embedded Undertow as a proxy in front of some REST
services.
I can get it all working, but I'm not getting enough information from
the proxy, specifically I'd like some way to know:
* When the proxy client tries to connect to an internal endpoint.
* When the proxy client fails to connect to an internal endpoint.
* The details (definitely headers, but possibly also body) going to the
internal endpoint.
* The details (definitely headers, but possibly also body) coming from
the internal endpoint.

At the moment I can't see any easily hookable way to get notifications
about these things.

I've copied and hacked the LoadBalancingProxyClient so I can add hooks
to discover the internal endpoints and failures, but it looks like I'd
have to duplicate quite a bit more to get hold of the details of the
messages going to/from the internal endpoint.
Have I missed anything?  Is there a nice hook that will give me access
to the exchange at these points?

Thanks

Jim