[undertow-dev] SSL Proxying

Hicks, Matt matt at matthicks.com
Thu Sep 14 14:29:45 EDT 2017

I'm using Undertow 1.4.20.Final and attempting to proxy an SSL connection
to another Undertow server (also running 1.4.20.Final).  However, I'm
getting the following error:

error: Sep 14, 2017 1:25:29 PM
io.undertow.server.handlers.proxy.ProxyHandler handleFailure
error: ERROR: UT005028: Proxy request to /drive failed
error: java.io.IOException: UT001000: Connection closed
error:  at
io.undertow.client.http.HttpClientConnection$ClientReadListener.handleEvent(HttpClientConnection.java:578)
error:  at
io.undertow.client.http.HttpClientConnection$ClientReadListener.handleEvent(HttpClientConnection.java:516)
error:  at
org.xnio.ChannelListeners.invokeChannelListener(ChannelListeners.java:92)
error:  at
org.xnio.conduits.ReadReadyHandler$ChannelListenerHandler.readReady(ReadReadyHandler.java:66)
error:  at
org.xnio.nio.NioSocketConduit.handleReady(NioSocketConduit.java:88)
error:  at org.xnio.nio.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:561)

I've done this in earlier versions of Undertow and it didn't have any
trouble, and I don't think the code has changed.  I'm using the same
certificate on both the proxy and the internal server.  Unfortunately this
error gives me very little information to diagnose the problem.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt