[undertow-dev] Proxy Protocol v2 support

Ulrich Herberg ulrich.herberg at oath.com
Mon Dec 10 17:23:48 EST 2018

Hi,

We want to use Undertow in our company (Oath/Yahoo/Verizon) in an AWS
environment. Since we plan to use AWS Network Load Balancers (NLB) using
Fargate, we need the proxy protocol in order to get the source IP address
of an incoming HTTP(S) packet. However, Undertow only supports Proxy
Protocol Version 1. I have implemented version 2 (for IPv4 and IPv6),
including unit tests and it works fine. I wonder if I can contribute the
code to the open source release of Undertow.

Let me know if you are interested, then I can provide the code.

Best regards
Ulrich