[undertow-dev] Unable to concurrently use all available IO Threads under load on Red Hat

R. Matt Barnett barnett at rice.edu
Tue Jul 24 20:56:20 EDT 2018

My test is a little bogus anyway because I realized on the drive home
I did an invalid test/set on max seen.  But I think the conclusion
still stands because we only see 4 printfs.

I'm not very experienced with nio, but the way I assumed Undertow
worked, at a high level, was as follows:

1.) Each incoming socket connection generated a channel.
2.) Each channel created by step 1.) was associated with a singleton selector.
3.) All IO threads polled the singleton selector waiting for requests
to process.

Sort of a multi-producer/multi-consumer with a singleton queue model.

Is this not the case? Is it the case that only one thread can poll
from a selector?

-- Matt