[undertow-dev] Need recommendation on using embedded undertow or migrate application to use springboot's undertow

Stuart Douglas sdouglas at redhat.com
Tue May 8 07:14:10 EDT 2018

On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 3:59 PM, aditya sanas <aditya.sanas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Team Undertow and  Stuart ,
>
> Currently I m trying to create a executable jar file which would have
> embedded undertow configured. I was able to register controllers and
> dispatcher servlet to the server, but could not configure the view
> resolvers to return a view, such as jsp or thymeleaf.

For thymeleaf it looks like you just need to write you own filter, and add
that filter to the DeploymentInfo, something like this from the example app:

https://github.com/thymeleaf/thymeleafexamples-gtvg/blob/3.0-master/src/main/java/thymeleafexamples/gtvg/web/filter/GTVGFilter.java

For JSP you need to use the Jastow project, and follow the docs at:

http://undertow.io/undertow-docs/undertow-docs-2.0.0/index.html#jsp

> I did not found much help on configuring thymeleaf with undertow, so
> currently stuck.
>
> I would like to know, what you would recommend, should I continue trying
> to use embedded undertow server or should I migrate my current spring mvc
> application to spring boot.

Spring boot+Undertow will also be using embedded Undertow. If your app is
already based on Spring technologies it may be easier to do that than to
try and reinvent the wheel.

Stuart