[webbeans-dev] Producer fields proposal

Gavin King gavin at hibernate.org
Wed Dec 3 16:32:25 EST 2008

OK, I've finally written up the producer fields concept that we've
been discussing.

Take a look at: 3.5, 6.7, 10.4.

Let me know if you see any problems with this stuff.

Again, I don't think this is a *critical* feature to have, but I do
think it's a nice convenience and I don't see any good reason to *not*
provide it.

The only wrinkle I spotted while writing this up is that it requires
direct access to the EJB bean class by the Web Bean manager. But since
we plan to drop the pluggability requirements, I don't see how this is
a problem. EE containers can easily implement direct access to the
bean class associated a local reference.

gavin.king at gmail.com