[webbeans-dev] Status update

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Wed Dec 17 13:17:17 EST 2008

On 17 Dec 2008, at 11:10, Gavin King wrote:

> We need to add a chapter about runnning the RI to "intro to web
> beans".

Ok, I added what I have so far (basically, how to run the examples).
Can we chat offline about what else we want in there?

Do we want to use the sfwk.org style for this book? We should IMO, and
it's very easy to switch.

> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 6:18 AM, Pete Muir <pmuir at redhat.com> wrote:
>> There are two issues remaining for alpha1:
>>
>> * dependent context destruction. I have this about 75% implemented
>> locally,
>> I shall finish it tomorrow.

No progress, now I need to go and socialize, so there won't be any
more today :-(

>> * EE (EJB) integration
>>
>> EE Integration status:
>>
>> * code base has been refactored to correctly wire both real and mock
>> EJBDescriptors through to EJB lookup and EnterpriseBean
>> * JBoss5 EJB3 is now exposing the correct metadata
>> * JBoss 5 Bridge code is written, needs testing and write up
>> (later/tomorrow)

EJB3 code is working, but a bug in the class discovery code for Ears,
so you can't use it. Have told Ales, and hopefully he can fix soon.

>> * Embedded EJB3 (for testing EnterpriseBean lifecycle in RI unit
>> tests)
>> won't be ready for use in our alpha1

Actually, I realised this is LGPL. Do we have to license the TCK ASL?
If so, we need to choose another embedded EJB3.

>> * JBoss5 bridge code currently has no unit tests. Testing of this
>> for the
>> alpha1 will be through the examples and real deployments
>> * We need an EJB example, I'll write one based around the
>> SentanceTranslator
>> (tomorrow)

This is done (but doesn't work because of above). You can see it in
examples/translator