[webbeans-dev] Automatically adding WebBeans configuration on JBoss 5

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Sat Dec 20 12:55:38 EST 2008

The idea here is that a Web Beans RI app requires certain
configuration applied by default (see below), and we should try to
provide this configuration by default when in JBoss 5. The user can
still override this configuration using the relevant XML. We've talked
about this before, but never done anything with it :-)

Here are the rules

1) ejb-jar.xml

     If web-beans.xml is present in the ejb module's META-INF,
automatically add the Web Beans RI SessionBeanInterceptor (see
attached ejb-jar.xml for how we currently configure it). The user
can't disable this interceptor.

2) jboss-app.xml

    If web-beans.xml is present in the ejb-module's META-INF,
automatically enable classloader isolation. Any settings in jboss-
app.xml override. Is it possible to explicitly disable classloader
isolation? Is this change from the jboss default too confusing?
Another option is to disable if a jboss-app.xml is present.

3) jboss-web.xml

    If web-beans.xml is present in the war's WEB-INF or META-INF,
automatically enable classloader isolation. Any settings in jboss-
web.xml override. Is it possible to explicitly disable classloader
isolation? Is this change from the jboss default too confusing?
Another option is to disable if a jboss-app.xml is present.

4) web.xml
    If web-beans.xml is present in the war's WEB-INF or META-INF or
the ejb module's META-INF automatically add the WebBeansListener
servlet listener

And one for the JSF2 deployer

5) if faces-config.xml is present, automatically add the FacesServlet,
it's mapping to the .jsf extension.