[webbeans-dev] New name

Nicklas Karlsson nickarls at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 14:32:23 EST 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 9:21 AM, Gavin King <gavin at hibernate.org> wrote:
> Some people don't like the name of the spec.
>
> What would *you* call it?

Well, I like the Web Beans and the spec has gathered interest under
that name. OK, if it later on becomes a general injection framework,
the "Web"-part might be a bit misleading. In that case, my vote would
go for "Contextual components". The wouldn't be that much of a name
clash with the Contextual interface (isn't that exactly the contextual
part?).

"Contextual component" is a bit hard to pronounce quickly for
non-native speakers but we could always call them COCOs and adapt a
coconut as a logo. Unless we take the Prince-route and just invent a
symbol and call it the "Specification That Was Previously Known as Web
Beans". Would make future renaming easy ;-)

---
Nik