[webbeans-dev] Re: XML configuration format

Matt Drees matt.drees at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 00:40:38 EST 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 1:12 AM, Gavin King <gavin at hibernate.org> wrote:

> One possible path to take would be to use hyphenated names in the XML
> (i.e. <foo-bar> instead of <FooBar>) to make the XML more visually
> consistent with other EE descriptors.

On the one hand, I agree it visually looks better, and it's more consistent
with other EE XML descriptors.  On the other hand, it will prevent the
ability to refer to classes that start with a lowercase letter (there aren't
many of these, but I've seen them in at least one third party package).
Also, it will be more complicated to learn/explain the rules (I can already
hear in my head one of my coworkers complaining).

A few months ago I would have felt more strongly about <foo-bar> being
superior, but lately I've grown to accept <FooBar> as being perfectly
acceptable.  I'll be happy either way.

-Matt