[webbeans-dev] numberguess and translator build/deploy/tests passed using JDK 1.7

Arbi Sookazian a_sookazian at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 22 00:54:16 EST 2008

Hello,

So I did some build/deploy/functional testing tonight using the Web Beans RI alpha version.

I downloaded and extracted JBoss 5.0.0.GA.

I also downloaded webbeans-ri-distribution-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT and tried my best to follow the directions in the readme.txt files.  There are a couple of things worth noting here (sorry if this has already been noted):

1) C:\temp\webbeans-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT\readme.txt states to "run ant install" but in fact I ran ant update.  Here is the target for that out of the build.xml:
    <target name="update" depends="install-jboss-ejb3-update, install-webbeans.deployer" description="Update JBoss 5 for the Web Beans RI" />

2) In C:\temp\webbeans-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT\examples\readme.txt it states run "ant -f ../build.xml install-jboss5 in the examples directory".
    When you do that you get "Buildfile: ..\build.xml does not exist!"

Also, I was able to run "ant clean, deploy" in the numberguess folder and translator folder and deploy/run the apps successfully using Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0-ea-b40).

Good stuff!

Any news for upcoming add'l example apps like booking, etc.?