[webbeans-dev] MC Int (was Re: mc int deployer)

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Tue Dec 23 16:21:20 EST 2008

Took a look at tests - thanks for doing those :-)

On 23 Dec 2008, at 10:55, Ales Justin wrote:

>>> The getIntegrationJar is wrong.
>> Yes, I ended up using it to push webbeans-ri.jar onto the app
>> classpath.
>
> We need multiple entries to add dynamically:
> * wb-api
> * wb-ri-spi
> * wb-ri-impl
> * wb-jbossas-int
>
> I'll fix the class, you fix the build.

Doesn't look like you did this?

>>> And I think we should be scoping CL in webbeans.deployer,
>>> since otherwise it's shared across whole AS - not Seam like.
>> Again, good idea, probably obviate the need for the above.
>
> This is now fixed, since wb-mc-int doesn't make use of wb.
> And it shouldn't!
>
> If wb-jbossas-int needs some more structured info from wb-mc-int
> it should do so by defining proper api in wb-mc-int.
> But since it's mostly classes and urls wb-mc-int should provide,
> we should be fine.

Yes, agreed.

> This CL scoping should be part of the other emails you and Stan sent
> around.
> I'll have a look at what can be done in the next days ...

Let us know when you have info.

>>> This looks like a hack / bad practice, leaving it to TCL w/o the
>>> cl == null check.
>>> e.g. think OSGi ;-)
>> That one uses the CL from the DU, but there are other instances in
>> WB - I have an open JIRA ;-)
>
> Which JIRA?

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/WBRI-70

Basically, I want to always delegate CL to the container SPI, so that
it can work well e.g. in OSGi. But I do initially need to use the CL
to load the the SPI impl class. What is the best way to do that, that
will be portable?

Something like this?

if (Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader() != null) {
    classForName(name, Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader());
} else {
    classForName(name, WebBeansBootstrap.class.getClassLoader());
}

User forum: http://seamframework.org/Community/WebBeansUsers

> If not, we should create on on jboss.org,
> so this kind of discussions are placed there.

Dev discussions on this list. BTW non-subscribers can post here, i
just have to allow them to post once as the moderator.