[webbeans-dev] RE: XML configuration format

Michael Keith MICHAEL.KEITH at oracle.com
Mon Dec 29 15:20:56 EST 2008

Well, that is not a very representative example and I'm sure that you
or I could come up with a better one that does make it look much more
like code, but whether the web beans schema does or does not look like
code, or even whether it requires knowledge of the Java class in the
presence of a schema generator, was not the point, really. My point
was that it is a different way of writing XML. If you want to argue that
the existing JEE descriptor style is more like code, then go ahead, but
the more that you argue how different the two are (no matter which side
of the "more like code" side each falls on) the more you are supporting
the fact that they are different and require different thought processes
to write. In fact, if they were not different enough then you wouldn't
even be bothering to argue that the web beans style was worth keeping :-)