[webbeans-dev] Bean.getInjectionPoints()

Gavin King gavin at hibernate.org
Tue Dec 30 16:35:51 EST 2008

The spec requires that injection points be validated at init time for
any Bean (for XxxxxDependencyException).

Nick from the RI team has noticed that for this to be implementable,
we need to add metadata about the injection points of a bean to the
Bean interface.

I propose:

public abstract class Bean<X> {
    Set<InjectionPoint> getInjectionPoints();
}

Since we already have the following interface that describes injection points:

public interface InjectionPoint {
	public Type getType();
	public Set<Annotation> getBindingTypes();
	public Object getInstance();
	public Bean<?> getBean();
	public Member getMember();
	public <T extends Annotation> T getAnnotation(Class<T> annotationType);
	public Annotation[] getAnnotations();
	public boolean isAnnotationPresent(Class<? extends Annotation> annotationType);
}

I will make this change to the spec, unless anyone speaks up with any objection.

gavin.king at gmail.com