[webbeans-dev] Input for tooling around webbeans

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 00:15:53 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 12:08 AM, Gavin King <gavin at hibernate.org> wrote:
> Mmmm ... I dunno. Usually a decorator is going to be for a specific interface,
> not for a specific web bean.

I realized that upon further review.

> Seriously, I'm not sure how much extra value there is to this that is not
> already covered by eclipse's ability to generate a class from an interface....

I think you're right in that the value has to be considered here. I
guess my focus was on getting that @Decorates field created at the
time the class is created through the use of an Eclipse form. It's
also I think about raising awareness for the decorator. So the idea
would be, I have a Web Bean open and a right click on an interface and
say "create decorator for interface". Then I get the standard
class-from-interface dialogs. But when the class is created, it has a
@Decorates field that matches the Web Bean I had opened. Perhaps I can
even pick which methods I want to decorate and the body is filled out
with a call to the target method. As I talk through it, there does
seem to be reasonable value there.

-Dan

--
Dan Allen
Software consultant | Author of Seam in Action

http://mojavelinux.com
http://mojavelinux.com/seaminaction

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, personal or other work matters can sometimes keep me away
from my email. If you contact me, but don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters.  Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.