[webbeans-dev] "Energizing the community"

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Fri Nov 7 05:13:25 EST 2008

On 7 Nov 2008, at 09:53, Gavin King wrote:

> So I've been trying to figure out what's the best way to get people
> interested in learning more about Web Beans, and I'm thinking we
> should aim to get a decent example application up and running for the
> alpha release. In fact, I'm inclined to think that should be the new
> definition of the alpha release: enough functionality to run a decent
> web app. Which I guess probably means shuffling some stuff in the
> plan.
>
> So the new critical path to the alpha is:
>
> * Web Bean discovery & initialization event
> * Java EE integration
> * session context
> * JSF integration (or should it be a Wicket demo instead?)
> * basic support for enterprise Web Beans
> * Web Bean remove methods
>
> Anything else which isn't done by the time we release the alpha can
> wait til the next release (alpha2?).
>
> Pete, WDYT?

I totally agree :-)

> And how long do you think it takes to get that list of stuff done?

Assuming Nik can do enterprise beans and their remove methods (which
he is well on the way towards), I think the remaining 4 items should
take 4-6 days. Over the next three weeks I have perhaps 3-4 days to
spend on this, so it depends on how much help we can get :-) For now,
I will work on the bootstrap (which I hope to get done by the end of
next week), if someone wants to look at the session context and JSF
integration.