[webbeans-dev] Impl/Model merger etc

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Wed Nov 12 08:58:21 EST 2008

On 10 Nov 2008, at 18:15, Nicklas Karlsson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I like the merging of the model into the bean, one less hierarchy to
> keep in mind when implementing. I'm not quite sure I get the
> XmlSimpleBean, though.
>
> Looking at e.g. AbstractClassBean.initInitializerMethods(), it is
> split into two parts based on the isDefinedInXml(). Couldn't the
> initInitializerMethods() itself had been abstract and implemented in
> different ways in the subclasses?

Yes. However, for example, XmlEnterpriseBean and XmlSimpleBean share
the same way of declaring initializers in xml. If we did the
initInitializerMethods() as a superclass override (e.g. in XmlSimpleBean

public void initInitializerMethods() {
    // Do XML init
    // Do Java init
    super.initInitializerMethods();
}

then we end up repeating this logic in both XmlEnterpriseBean and
XmlSimpleBean.

Maybe the simplicity of doing it this way is outweighs the
repetition....

> Another (unrelated) thing that came to mind is the implementation of
> the Web Bean itself. Is it operating against the client proxy or is
> the client proxy merged as an interceptor in the overall Web Bean?

The client proxy (aka ScopeAdaptor) is totally separate (currently)
from any proxy which contains the interceptors etc. It's much simpler
to keep these things separate for now, even though we end up nesting
proxies.

clientProxy
    instanceProxy
       instance

> How
> similar is the implementation going to be to the Seam
> Component/interceptor stack/invocation context stuff?

Ophir?