[webbeans-dev] ejb-jar.xml is not in the root

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Fri Nov 14 08:39:49 EST 2008

Whilst working on the web bean discovery, Ales and I hit a spec issue.
In 10.1 of the current spec 20081105 it says:

* any ejb-jar.xml file in any root directory of the application
classpath that also has a web-beans.xml file, and

but ejb-jar.xml is placed in META-INF/

Also, Ales thinks that web-beans.xml should be in META-INF/ as this is
consistent with other specs.

Also this causes some problems when doing a deployer for JBoss 5, Ales
can explain more, as I don't understand exactly why.