[webbeans-dev] Terminology

Nicklas Karlsson nickarls at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 08:32:56 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Gavin King <gavin at hibernate.org> wrote:
> I've had a few discussions with a certain EE vendor who is concerned
> that the use of the "Bean" terminology sends the message that Web
> Beans is a separate component model that competes with EJB. I don't
> necessarily agree, but I can see why some people might get that
> impression. Whatever: on this issue I think we should do whatever is
> necessary to make 299 palatable to all the vendors in the space.

As long as the specs don't become JSR 299: Injectable Types ;-)

Could the term "Managed" or "Contextual" be applied instead? Although
a session bean is automagically a session bean
in WB it looks like no value has been added at all. "Managed session
bean"? "Contextual session bean"?

Are singleton beans also classified as "session beans" BTW?

Nik