[webbeans-dev] Web Bean discovery

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 08:09:11 EST 2008

> Any idea how portable such an approach will be to other app servers?

No idea, never looked into details of anything else than ours truly. ;-)

So, you're thinking of something like this:

WebBeansDiscovery wbd = ...;
ClassFilter cf = new ModifierClassFilter(ABSTRACT);
Set<Class<?>> abstractClasses = wbd.search(cf)

In the worst case this would be implemented on top of all classes:
WBD impl detail:

public Set<Class<?>> search(ClassFilter cf)
{
   Set<Class<?>> result = new HashSet<Class<?>>();
   for (Class<?> clazz : allClasses)
   {
       if (cf.accepts(clazz))
          result.add(clazz);
   }
   // TODO - some cache here
   return result;
}

Where we could already easily prepare this info when we do visitor
pattern - performance optimization.

Or what exactly are you trying to do?