[webbeans-dev] non-contextual managed bean creation

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Wed Aug 12 18:02:06 EDT 2009

Moving to webbeans-dev. Sorry for the delay in replying...

On 11 Aug 2009, at 16:19, Kenneth Saks wrote:

> I need to implement the java:global lookup logic defined by the EE 6
> Managed Bean spec for the 299-enabled case.    My starting point is
> a bean class.  What API/SPI(s) do I call to create a non-contextual
> managed bean instance that has been injected(with both 299-style and
> EE-style dependencies) and has had  post-construct called?

I wrote this generic FAQ http://www.seamframework.org/Documentation/HowDoIDoNoncontextualInjectionForAThirdpartyFramework
  which describes the process you need to follow.

The only difference is that currently inject() doesn't inject any EE
style dependencies. This is a bug in the RI. https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/WBRI-352