[webbeans-dev] Java 6?

Reza Rahman reza_rahman at lycos.com
Tue Aug 18 15:46:24 EDT 2009

Pete,

I think this is a very bad idea. From what I see in my customer base,
most companies are very averse to JVM and application server upgrades
and there are hardly any production JDK 6 deployments that I see right
now. In fact, just a handful of customers have barely upgraded to JDK
5/Java EE 5. I think the CDI RI should remain at the Java EE 5/JDK 5
level. It would make CDI a much easier sell than telling customers they
must upgrade to use it, especially in this economic climate.

Just my 2 cents...

Cheers,
Reza
Independent Consultant
Author, EJB 3 in Action
Expert Group Member, Java EE 6 and EJB 3.1
Resin EJB 3.1 Lite Container Lead