[weld-dev] architecture diagram

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 19:15:57 EST 2009

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 7:02 PM, Gavin King <gavin.king at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've tried to explain this before: there *is* no such architecture.
> There *is* no "handoff". IA particular container (e.g. JBoss, or
> GlassFish) might have an architecture that involves a separate EJB,
> CDI and web container, but that architecture is *not* defined by the
> specs. It's *very* misleading to talk about CDI as being somehow
> separate from EJB or from the rest of the EE container.

I should have clarified. This would be for someone wanting to understand
what exactly happens behind the scenes (some people just understand stuff by
thinking about it that way). I know that there is no physical separation. In
fact, I have explained that in talks. But still, there are people that want
to know how their beans are managed, exactly. Perhaps this is really more of
a diagram for someone studying the integration module for CDI in JBoss AS
and GlassFish. When you take the "new" operator away from people, some
people are going to want to know how it happens, and magic isn't an answer
that is good enough for them. I'm just saying, I'm being asked these
questions and "it just works" isn't cutting it as an answer.

-Dan

--
Dan Allen
Registered Linux User #231597