[webbeans-dev] The TCK harness

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Tue Feb 24 21:00:34 EST 2009

I should add, I plan to release an alpha of the TCK in about 1-2
weeks. This will include:

* Test coverage report
    - all assertions (except Chapter 9) in PRD2 identified
    - around 60% of testable assertions mapped to tests
* Around 70% of defined tests executing correctly
* All unit tests running both standalone and incontainer (around 80%
of the suite is unit tests, the rest is integration[1] tests)

 From this, you can see we will have around 42% of assertions in the
spec covered. We have targeted the non-edge cases initially, which
results in runtime coverage of the RI codebase of around 60-70%.

[1] We define integration tests to include any test which requires
instantiation of objects defined by other frameworks (EJB, Servlet,
JMS). In other words, the tests that relate to the definition of
JSR299 services for session beans *are* unit tests, those that relate
to their lifecycle *aren't*.