[webbeans-dev] Re: XML configuration format

Gavin King gavin at hibernate.org
Thu Jan 8 09:47:00 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 8:16 AM, Jim Knutson <knutson at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> * Any Java-XML mappings should not be defined by this spec.  JAXB already
>   covers appropriate Java-XML mappings and we shouldn't define anything
>   different.  It's a pain to do and get it right for all cases.

JAXB is not appropriate for the problem of component configuration and
is not intended for that usecase.

It's two different things. The XML format defined by web beans fills
the same ecological niche as Spring configuration files - which,
whether you love 'em or hate 'em are a phenomenally successful species
of XML.

gavin.king at gmail.com