[webbeans-dev] TCK status

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Fri Jan 9 20:13:16 EST 2009

On 9 Jan 2009, at 22:32, Pete Muir wrote:

> We now have started to put the TCK infrastructure in place:
>
> * TCK porting package APIs to allow the TCK to request the RI do
> stuff like create a SimpleBean from a class
> * implementation of these APIs for RI
> * Start TCK run and view output (testng format)
>
> We're now running the TCK (all 5 tests which have been ported so
> far) as part of WB testsuite - currently a single WB RI test is
> responsible for kicking off the TCK run. If the TCK run fails, then
> that test will fail. You won't see a merged testrun total on when
> you run mvn test, however Hudson is correctly reporting the merged
> totals.
>
> This perhaps isn't the ideal situation, and I'm thinking about how
> to improve it (perhaps run the TCK as another module, rather than as
> part of the RI testsuite, and keep that for RI unit tests).

Ok, I found an easy way to resolve this (export the testng.xml file as
a TCK artifact, and then just run it from the RI testsuite). So, the
TCK tests now run as part of the RI testsuite.

Shane and I will start an appendix B in the docs, which discusses how
to use the TCK to test a WB implementation.

Shane/David, please start removing tests from the RI testsuite as your
port them into the TCK :-)