[webbeans-dev] Subclasses of DefinitionException

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Jan 14 04:29:04 EST 2009

Does it hurt to have self explanatory exception names for exceptions ?

It also helps when a tool sees a stacktrace to provide "hyperlinking" to
the relevant docs or
even the class mentioned in there - there could even be automatic
quickfixes made based on
these (i.e. "Create method foo on class X" when NonexistentMethodException)

I know the reason you want them out of the spec is to avoid having to
define when each exception is thrown,
but just stating that "non recoverablity" is definitly not the only
usecase for specific exception classes/messages.

/max