[webbeans-dev] Places WB needs "non-contextual" injection in JBoss AS

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Mon Jul 20 11:53:37 EDT 2009

Hi Kabir, Jason,

As I mentioned, 299 requires that we inject any "Java EE components
classes supporting injection" with 299 dependencies:

* Servlet - servlets, servlet filters, event listeners
* JSP tag handlers, tag library event listeners
* JSF scoped managed beans
* JAX-WS service endpoints, handlers
* EJB beans, interceptors
* Java EE  platform main class (static)
* login callback handler

Ales and I propose we do this via enabling 299 injection into MC
supported component models where possible.

Some (e.g. JSF) won't work, and will need other integration...

How far are all of these from being MC enabled?

How do we want to create JIRA issues for these to be done?

Note, I'm still missing the impl for this, but the API is something
like:

// for each class supporting injection

InjectionTarget it = beanManager.createInjectionTarget(type);

// for each instance requiring injection

it.inject(instance, beanManager.createCreationalContext(null));

// postconstruct hook

it.postConstruct(instance);

it.preDestroy(instance);