[webbeans-dev] Places WB needs "non-contextual" injection in JBoss AS

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 14:49:46 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Pete Muir <pmuir at redhat.com> wrote:

> Dan,
>
> You'll need to talk to the EE6 EG about this (either directly via comments
> or via Jason) - this list is pulled directly from the EE spec (note that the
> EE spec makes no statements about anything other than managed beans being
> Java EE component classes supporting injection).
>
> Also it's worth pointing out that the JSF RI's SPI only supports injection
> for managed beans, not other objects.

Right, that's what I'm getting at. The list is accurate for the current
situation. I'm going to open a discussion on the JSF EG about making those
other objects managed in the future...as it will help with portability and
make life easier for the developer, I think.

-Dan

--
Dan Allen
Registered Linux User #231597