[webbeans-dev] producer method trumps raw dependent type?

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 10:05:20 EDT 2009

Okay, so there is an explicit step that must be taken for a producer method
to win over a @Current bean (does not have additional bindings) of that
type. I suspect in most cases developers will choose to use the binding type
since that is the type-safe approach.

The designation of the alternative class in beans.xml makes all producer
methods in that class have a higher precedence than any @Current bean of
that type, correct? Is it also possible to specify a single method in
beans.xml? There is alluded to in the Policy section, but no examples to
support it.

Btw, I think this would be a lot clearer if it was explicitly stated in the
spec how a producer method relates to a @Current bean of that type. I guess
you could say it can be implied, but the first time someone goes to create a
producer method, I can see them not realizing that they have to take an
extra step to make it the preferred source.

-Dan

--
Dan Allen
Registered Linux User #231597