[webbeans-dev] event type with type variable

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Sat Jul 25 07:39:24 EDT 2009

On 25 Jul 2009, at 12:28, David Allen wrote:

>> If you believe that should be valid, then I will simply mark it as
>> ri-broken.
>
> This has been fixed.  A really long time ago event objects were
> supposed
> to be simple types.  This just never got changed in the bean manager.

Ok, we will need to rework all this code so that this work is done
using type variable resolution - doing it any other way introduces
subtle inheritance bugs.

This whole area needs a big rework, we seem to do the same checks over
and over, and not properly use the utility routines (for example we do
exactly these checks in checkEventType, again not using the resolved
parameters).

WBRI-299