[webbeans-dev] Help running tck in eclipse?

David Allen drallendc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 13:08:19 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-01 at 12:00 -0500, Clint Popetz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried running the tck from within eclipse by following the
> instructions here:
>
> http://seamframework.org/WebBeans/JSR299TCKHarness
>
> but I'm having no luck; it can't find an implementation of
> StandaloneContainers, although I've manually added the runner to the
> tck-impl project's dependencies.
>
> Before I dive deeper, are those directions up to date?

I think they are up to date, but we can certainly improve them too.  It
varies a bit depending on what tools are actually used.

>  Is anyone running the tck from within eclipse?  If so, are you
> generating projects with eclipse:eclipse or with m2eclipse?

Most of us are currently using eclipse:eclipse right now.  But here are
a couple things I usually do to get any TCK test (not an in-container
only test) running:

1.  Modify the build path of the jboss-tck-runner project so that all of
its dependent projects/libraries are exported (select all).

2.  Choose "Run as TNG test" to get most of the runner setup correctly,
but the tests will fail to run at first.

3.  Modify the runner by going to the Classpath tab and press "Add
projects" button and add the jboss-tck-runner project.  With 1 above,
this should include everything else that is needed too automatically.

4.  Run it again...this time it should work.