[webbeans-dev] Question on 11.2.15: returning metadata on annotations

Clint Popetz cpopetz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 12:58:45 EDT 2009

Hi,

Should these methods:

public Set<Annotation> getInterceptorBindingTypeDefinition(Class<?
extends Annotation> bindingType);
public Set<Annotation> getStereotypeDefinition(Class<? extends
Annotation> stereotype);

which are defined to "obtain the set of meta-annotations declared by a
stereotype or interceptor binding type," return the complete set of
meta-annotations, or only those that are relevant to JSR-299?  I ask
because I don't think the spec prohibits you from annotating a
sterotype or interceptor binding type annotation with other
annotations, but as a client of the above method I wouldn't expect to
get back extra non-related stuff, based on the method name.

-Clint

--
Clint Popetz
http://42lines.net