[webbeans-dev] Simplified SPI

Gavin King gavin.king at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 13:03:51 EDT 2009

Last night I chatted with Scott about the SPI and we decided that it
had grown unnecessarily complex and deserved some pruning. I've now
gone ahead and done that.

Specifically:

* removed SessionBean, ManagedBean, ProducerBean, ObserverMethod and Listener
* removed the ability to wrap the Bean object from the
ProcessXxxxxBean events (it turned out that there was some problems
with that anyway)
* slightly adjusted the Annotated interface to let you customize bean
types at this level
* added BeforeBeanDiscovery.addAnnotatedType(AnnotatedType) and
BeanManager.createAnnotatedType(Class)
* added ProcessProducer

Scott and I believe that it's still possible to handle almost all the
usecases that we could handle before, by working at the level of
InjectionTarget and AnnotatedType instead of at the Bean level.

I think this is a much more appropriate scope for the 1.0 spec.

This revision of the spec is what I would like to release as the PFD,
if there are no objections.

gavin.king at gmail.com