[webbeans-dev] TCK-Test Related

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Sat Mar 14 17:44:09 EDT 2009

On 14 Mar 2009, at 20:35, Gurkan Erdogdu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have more couple of questions and observations about TCK tests.
>
> 1* Conversation Related Tests : Are conversation related tests not
> depending on the JSF runtime? Because we are using the JSF semantic
> in project,
> so all ConversationRelated standalone tests are failed.

I don't know what the "JSF semantic" is. The standalone group of
conversation tests deal with the Conversation bean, whilst the
lifecycle ones require a container. If you want to exclude a
particular test method, class or package from a particular test run,
you can use the standard TestNG exclusion mechanisms.

As documented, the standalone TCK mode is provided for aiding
development, only the incontainer TCK must be passed to be JSR299
compliant.

> 2* Some of the standalone tests are related with Enterprise Beans.
> Some of them are grouped using "enterprisebean", but lots of them
> not. Its great to separate
> the all EnterpriseBeans related tests with "enterprisebean" TestNG
> group. Therefore, we can easily test our non-enterprise beans part.

The grouping of tests using groups is not currently a planned feature
of the 299 TCK. If you would like this, please submit a patch in JIRA.

> 3* In test ProducerFieldDefinitionTest, there is a class
>
> class FunnelWeaver<T>
> {
>
> }
>
> This class is a ParametrizedType with Type variable, so it is not a
> simple web bean. But tests are dependent on this class. So we are
> getting
> UnSatisfiedDependencyException. Is this correct behaviour?

Yes, it's not a simple bean, however FunnelWebSpiderProducer will
produce an instance of the FunnelWebSpider<Spider> bean

> 4* Currently in the TCK Trunk, some of the tests are return "false"
> assertion, but it does not grouped into "stub".

Yes, these test deployment exceptions. In this case it is an error for
the test method to run.

> Thanks;
>
> Gurkan

Pete Muir