[webbeans-dev] Supporting proxies with no no-arg constructors in RI

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Tue May 12 02:11:04 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

As a non-standard extension, I was thinking that we could support
generation proxies of classes not containing no-arg constructors by
using various techniques that are supported by most JDKs.

This would involve generating a proxy with a constructor call passing
bogus parameters. Then a JDK specific approach would be used to
instantiate the proxy class:

Sun, IcedTea, Mac: Unsafe.allocateInstance() - The most efficient
Above + IBM, JRockit: ReflectionFactory.newConstructorForSerialization()

--
Jason T. Greene
JBoss, a division of Red Hat