[webbeans-dev] Session-scoped beans and clustering

Matt Drees matt.drees at gmail.com
Tue May 26 21:21:03 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 8:46 PM, Gavin King <gavin.king at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 5:43 PM, Matt Drees <matt.drees at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Why doesn't BeanIdentifier#toString() work for that?  Or why can't the
> > context implement its own BeanIdentifier -> httpsession attribute
> mapping?
>
> If we're just going to call toString() on the thing, what is the point
> of BeanIdentifier?

I imagine some custom contexts don't need to be String based.  A
Map<BeanIdentifier, Object> is potentially faster than a Map<String,
Object>, and (IMO) it makes for prettier code.  I suppose the latter is my
primary motivation.

Maybe I've just been burned too many times by String being used
inappropriately.